Saturday, January 06, 2007

Fishing today

These signs are everywhere. Funny but - I have never seen one ever. I think I have seen everything else.





It was still windy today. Even in the estuaries - the water is choppy and not as pleasant to be on.

Especially after I had just watched some bloody program on tv called "Rogue Waves" and I am not really fond of water I cant see what is in it.
We caught nothing but tiddlers. I so wish the wind would go away. It was still fun - and I got awfully wet on the way home.. reminding me of a wonderful dog we owned - Suzie (ok my Mama will tell you Suzie wasn't all that wonderful - but we loved her... she was just a little dirty)...
Suzie used to insist on sitting at the front to "bite" the waves .... and it was funny. Today the waves... where perfect for Suzie to bite. My current beloved dogs are ... not boat dogs.
The weather is lovely really.. the wind keeps it a cool maybe 26 C?... so its nice on the water. But I just want the still waters that will mean we can go where we want.
Saw a beautiful sea snake today... of course forgot to get the camera out. I always do that. I washed my fingers beside the boat..and threw the prawn heads into the water and up popped a lovely green/yellow with brown marks on its back snake to look at me... took me ages to stick my fingers back in the water....
Better luck tomorrow huh? Or thank heavens we dont have to rely on fishing to feed ourselves?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really wished I'd pinched one of the NT 'no speed limit' signs before they were phased out. But the penny dropped too late -- I realised everyone had been doing it, and the ones round town were gone late last month.

Cazzie!!! said...

Nice pictures, looks like you ahd a great time anyhow, and that IS what fishing is all about :)

Anonymous said...

Hey mels :) just thought I would drop in and say hi and hugs and happy new year! xo

Anonymous said...

oops..i'm at rebeckajane.diaryland.com