Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Insert swear words here.

I either lost or had stolen my wallet today. I think I must of just let it fall out of my handbag. Well - I hope that is what happened.

Either way it really, really blows. I have both of our keycards in there, other cards including my drivers license, medicare and the damn blue cards (working with children and the safety one for the construction industry.) I had just been to the bank, but luckily I only got out $100 cash and just transfered the rest to an account I have internet access too.

What a bastard. I really needed this now. Anyone wanna help me find the safe place I put my birth certificate in?

6 comments:

Steph said...

That does indeed suck. We really shouldn't carry so many important cards etc with us, but i guess we have to.
I had my wallet stolen from my car last year and it took me months to replace everything.

Cazzie!!! said...

Try in amongst your photo albums Melly, that's where I found mine in my move to this new abode.
Sorry you have had such a sucky time loosing your wallet...let's hope it is recovered. My son and I found a wallet once, had a blank cheque in it, lots of cash and lots of cards. We took it to the coppers, and it was returned to it's elderly owner. Fugged if I know why they be carryin'all dat cashola around..but they were lucky noone else found it.

SzélsőFa said...

Oh, that is hard. I'm sorry to hear about the loss.

Eddy said...

Maybe this will help restore your faith in people. When I was about 10 I had my wallet lifted from my pocket while on holiday in London (my only visit there in my entire childhood). It only had a few pounds in it, my address on a card and a photo.

6 years later it was posted to me (we hadn't moved house) with the photo still in it and more money than I had originally lost.

Hoping you will have the same luck, J.

Melly` said...

Thank you guys! Now I feel like a right nong... it was just misplaced after all....

Melly` said...

Oh - and Cazzie me too.. similar stories....

And WOW to James story. That one is a classic!