Saturday, January 13, 2007

The week that was... Absolute waffling - no pictures

  • Giggles, wine, cake (I hate cake there is a story in that alone!) and laughter with girlfriends. An awful "foot in mouth" situation wherein I accidentally described the camels foot orchid tree (otherwise known as the Bauhinia purpurea) as the camel's toe tree.... after a few wines... and naturally my girlfriends spat wine all over the table and roared laughing. I am still kinda thinking had Hope not laughed so outrageously first no one would of even noticed my.... regular fuck ups.
  • I found an employment vacancy advertisement for a local community service agency , and was compelled to contact a girlfriend I only see occasionally (due to her living an entire 20 minutes away - if I was my own friend I would dump me too).... crap.. waffling... where was I? Right - well I knew she wasn't so happy at her current job and I read this job description as perfect for her. So - I pushed it towards her and asked what did she think. And gorgeous as always, she wants to apply - and was pleased as punch that I had thought of her when I read it... as she too had thought of it.. but had allowed her insecurities to dismiss it. She has no time to apply for it - and I have no problem writing other peoples selection criterias ... and I tell her I will fiddle it until she can look at it...AND..
  • I ring the contact details on the advertisement. This advertisment is in the local paper and on the internet... and it says ring a particular woman on a particular number... for the position description and employment package. I ring for a day and a half and the phone rings out. Eventually I ring head office and explain my dilemna... and they say... Oh... particular person is ON HOLIDAYS STILL. I am thinking... well WHY would you put her as the contact person? This is not rocket science..... It is not.. oh blah. It just frustrates the crap out of me. It frustrates me maybe more nowdays. I have resisted for years telling people what I think within workplace type.... oh wait thats complete crap. Ha-ha. Start again.
  • Righto - let's just stick to .. I get really annoyed at absolute stupidity when your being paid to do something sometimes. Surely when deciding to place an advertisement for employment someone would of noticed that "particular person" was still on holidays until the end of the due date for applications?
  • My partner/lover ... whatever we call him... is feeling despondent in his employment.. and powerless to get out of the situation. And whilst I listen attentively (or I stare at his drink wondering if he is going to finish it..or watch the corners of his mouth and get completely distracted... whateva) I do become aware I don't make the situation easier by being completely happy working in a casual job and simply being the mother.
  • My girls are hilariously funny. And so very beautiful. Anna is hanging around with people who dont make her sad at the moment... and all is good. Oh .. no wait. Anna is mad at me for making the "looser" sign at a boy who visits her regularly now. I was simply being very very funny.
  • The sperm donor races in town tomorrow - and Will is going to go back to Rockhampton with him tomorrow after the races. Will asked me to find the form guide and explain it to him for tomorrow... so he could impress his father. I did the best I could... which wasnt too bad when you consider it has been 11 years since I had anything to do with any form of racing. I find it odd Will is ... suddenly concerned with knowing his father and what he does. I used to have to talk the kids into visiting him. Maybe I am jealous?
  • My Mama was upset over a slight by my sibling this week... and I am sure my sibling wouldnt MEAN to hurt her.. but it still hurts that they hurt.
  • My radiator problem became a .. water pump problem and .. other car thingy problem and... I have bugga all savings after holidays to fix it easily... and I am meant to be worrying about that too...and now the car is at the shop until Monday.... (I work Monday night so let's hope something happens before then?)
  • Something always does happen. Surely they will take a postdated cheque for next Wednesday?
  • The lovely Lish turned 30 this week. I drank bubbles for her. Hope she appreciated that. (Oh wait - I drank the bubbles with Hope... gets so damned confusing!)

Right - so tomorrow I might find something interesting to post. Or not. I will be taxi to the kids... horseraces and all...Anna is attending a party with a theme of "pimps and ho's" (how do you spell ho?) and we have argued plenty this week about her outfit... (let alone when I ... errr... do her looser sign to her new... beau? (he is completely ghastly - junior school drop out, already messed around with her best friend, Anna MET his mother asking the 16 year old kids for a light for her aparatus for smoking cannabis and he and his mate arrived here intoxicated one night... Anna for the life of her cannot understand why we are MEAN to him and make him go home when we go to bed... )

I know - go figure? Parents and caregivers are inserted with nasty computer chips that make us be difficult.

I swear I was just being funny when I made the "looser" sign at him. Ha ha.

Ok... I have to do morning again tomorrow.... I so love bubbles! What a shame I cant do them in the mornings!

5 comments:

Boysenberry said...

*sigh* damn sight more interesting than my life... :\

Melissa said...

Laughing so hard about the camel toe comment, I had to stop reading for a minute. OK, going back ...

The foot-in-mouth thing happens to us all. Still giggling, though.

Melly` said...

Boysenberry - maybe you need more wine and nibblies nights? It is so much MORE FUNNY when men say stuff like I do... Make sure you have two tables of food.. one for adults one for kids... Laughter with friends makes the most mundane life wonderful (I know you know that..seen it!) I have always admired your work ethic and devotion to family. Moon someone - that always makes me laugh.

Melissa - sigh - what can I say? Years ago I sat around with a group of uni students and we were hotly discussing religion - I MEANT to say.. I was agnostic.. instead I said I was an ANTAGONIST... and the drug/alcohol peers all nodded their heads and THOUGHT I WAS MADLY COOL AND SMART!!! and all wanted me on their mooting teams? Only one person picked up my mistake (someone near and still dear) and I STILL blush at my idiocy 20 years later...

I didn't get any smarter as I got older.... Huge pats for the dogs and wait another twenty minutes before considering a cigarette!

Anonymous said...

You're obviously very good at being a friend...but sperm donor? What's that about?

Melly` said...

Oh I call the kids REAL father that when I am in a nasty mood I guess - their stepfather does everything for them... and Tom rides his horses into town (well - ok he trucks them...!) and the kids act like he is a hero...

It is me being nasty (Tom doesnt pay child support or do many parent type activities and I can get a little snakey about it.)