Saturday, January 20, 2007

Wonderful anticipations

I am trying hard to not dance or sing and weird everyone out.

But Sara comes home on the 15th of next month. And I JUST CANT WAIT for my oldest daughter and my grandson to be here. (Her boyfriend too - and thats fine)

While I try to be interested in everyone elses stuff - constant taxiing of Jane to work and friends, preparations for Anna's 16th birthday - fretting over the bills .. being a fun companion to Christian as he has an extended holiday - extension to girlfriends selection criteria to be ready by Monday - I have stuff I want to do for the places I like to help and I promised help to some other friens - old friends arriving etc.... all I am really thinking is Sara likes chicken best. And she wont eat pork. And what I can cook her. And what to cook her for breakfast - she loves to have breakfast cooked for her when she is grumpy. My Sara is no morning girl.

My grandson loves to eat desserts. (Ok - so anyone who remembers the pumpkin ice cream could disagree with me there)

Suddenly finishing the painting of the rooms is important again.

My mind is racing with WHY she is coming home. But of course that isn't important. What matters is she IS COMING.

How I must not bite when she wants to argue with me. And how it is time I let go of the hurt of the past - she and I aren't all that different. Both of us had a child when we were still children.

If I write any more "To do" lists I will send myself crazy.

But my baby is coming home. On the 15th February till the 27th. I think I am just going to bust waiting.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Wonderful! I hope the time passes quickly enough that you don't burst, but slowly enough for you to get the to-do lists taken care of.

Cazzie!!! said...

Awesome news melly :)

LuSh said...

Oh dear, poor Christian in a house full or women, him and Wills might go into hiding, send them down to save any sanity they ever had!
heheheh

SzélsőFa said...

It probably won't be very easy, but will surely be great. Good luck with that!
My kids are young (10 and 7), but sometime I visualize me being old, my kids coming home with my grandchildren...grr...I get excited over these fantasies...