Friday, June 16, 2006

I did edit it all... and it is all faxed off.

Cheers to the wonderful people who wrote my references for me. They were so lovely I felt ... very... hmm privileged and humble and for a split second I wondered who they were talking about! Anna wrote one for me! And Roxanne wrote me a beautiful submission that completely deleted my waffles and jokes! But I didnt see it till I got home late today. It was way more sensible and less emotive than mine. Too late now the damn thing was faxed half an hour before the deadline. Joy helped me too.

I was too cowardly to ask very many people for a reference and only asked the three women closest to me who knew me from the "incident". Two were just wonderful - but one... a woman I see 5 days a week, cook for her kids at least two days a week, have babysit her kids, pets etc (or my girls have), been her taxi for so many things declined to "get involved'. I reckon I will be declining to do a lot of things from now on. Of course I didnt want to ask anyone IN THE FIRST PLACE. How bloody embarrassing the whole thing is!

Anyway - it is all done. Thanks for the lovelies with the kind words.

No comments: