Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Wet weekends with kids

On the weekend William's soccer team had a carnival at Rockhampton. We took Reggie with us and all stayed at William's father's house overnight. The soccer was played in the pouring rain and no kid seemed to mind at all. See this picture of William and Reggie - I love it. I had just said to them they all looked like brothers! Only the chimp doesnt look amused!
I drove on to Yeppoon to collect Jane from boarding school - so missed the first game. Sigh - of course William's first goal in a proper game. (Well - for his own team that is -hahahaha...snort...gasp for air... more laughter.... I am SO NOT ALLOWED TO DO THAT IN FRONT OF WILLIAM. His actual first goal was last year when he accidently kicked the winning goal for the OTHER team!)
It was very funny - sometimes people have no sence of humour. But he does still get mad at me for laughing about that. Actually I am always laughing at inappropriate moments. The boys won the first three games and had a draw on the fourth game - so they were doing very well.

Jane and I sat in the car with the heater and windscreen wipers on to watch the games. The boys were so wet and muddy.... shame you cant see that on the pictures. After the fourth game it was called off for the day - and we were to hope for Sunday for the games to resume. So we went and did dinner, and got the dvds "Dr Doolittle 3" (maybe that is what it was called?) and "Goal" - which of course the boys (and us girls) loved. If I cry during a movie I like it. That one I cried three times. (But "Good Boy" I cried like eight!) Doesnt say a lot for my artistic commentary on a movie does it... basically if there is a dog in the movie I will like it. BUT there was no dog in "Goal"! So there you go - it is brilliant. Go hire it out.

Sunday morning and the coach rang us just as the boys were pulling on their boots and I was finding the keys... the carnival is postponed till SEPTEMBER. Much disappointment... and I decided to head home. We did pull in at the zoo. Home to Anna and Christian who had spent their time eating ONLY TAKEOUT! In Rocky I had done the mad rush at closing time in Woolworths to select the vegetables and food for aspiring athletes and they got home to find wrappers of takeout.... and were duly pissed off they had missed out! The rain had forced Christian indoors - after he had apparantly used a large unbrella he bought at a discount store in our tin boat... unsuccessfully.... NOW THAT would of been some good pictures!

So now my cupboard is finished except for the buying of new hinges... he had sanded and shellacked and refastened the glass doors. I still have no room for the damn thing. Overcrowded is my life! Blah!

On Friday and Monday we visited with friends and got to play with the baby. The goals friends and I had set - didnt get reached! That could of had something to do with the bubbly and chardonnay. Monday morning my emails informed me that my wonderful Aunt Nina had passed away at 5.50am. That can be another blog later. BUT take a look at these pictures!
Gorgeous she looks huh? And this one is Marley examining a yabbie with mum Natalee looking on (Yes we pulled off it's claw first) Rightio - I am just procrastinating. I have to do a submission for a blue card due to a little "incident" a few years ago.... blah.... (Really I just want to waffle on now about Nina and co... sigh...)Anything really rather than hash that around.

No comments: