Monday, June 19, 2006

Socceroos fall - 2-0

William and I set our alarm to watch the game. It was a great game and Australia played just fine. The more experienced and luckier? Brazil won.

I however LEARNT heaps. William pointed out to me that I only laugh or get excited when someone has either fallen over or committed a football crime. Or miss a goal and I dont seem to be able to differentiate for which team. William says I cheer for the other team just as loudly. It is four am... and I am thinking he has it wrong. Hey - I am new to football I didnt know ... well heaps of stuff. I find it rediculously funny when they crash. I have NO IDEA what the referee is doing. Apparantly William only hears me on the field when something awful is happening and I am laughing? I have to find me a rule book. William said something about just dont laugh so loud.

But I thoroughly enjoyed watching the game. Brazil played in the shirts of yellow and green. So for the first 30 minutes I argued with William they were Australia. Silly me - the black shirts were the Australians? That kind of stuff people should tell me. I assume we are green and gold. I was actually thinking... but it is no longer fashionable for our men to have long hair and pony tails - that was the eighties. I was thinking for a second we are are more multicultural than we think. I of course was thinking that was a good thing.According to William if Australia can just draw Croatia...(we had Bosnian friends... soccer was their WORLD... poor Aussies lol) we stay in the game. I wonder if William wants me to stay up for that game? He spent most of this game sighing and saying... "wait till half time mum and I will tell you!" and "shush" and "Mum that is not funny - stop laughing" At half time I had to pee and stuff! Ok you can probably subsitute the word thinking for drinking. Was kinda fun but.

No comments: