Sunday, June 04, 2006

Weekend reading pleasure - March by Geraldine Brooks


While reading through some blogs I like a while ago I came across the recommendation for Geraldine Brooks' "March". Ironically the same day on another blog I came across a fun adult version of book reading for the intoxicated of "Little Women". That sounds like a fantastic thing to do in the winter months. Cosy, intimate,silly and fun stuff. So I emailed a reservation at our local library and waited for a whole bloody month.
I must say it was absolutely worth the wait. It takes about 4 hours to read and is another book wherein it can be dangerous to interupt with rubbish like "Mum when are you going to cook dinner?" I confess I even retaliated with the dramatic - "What do you think I am - Your slave!". Such dramatic effect and indignation in my family goes completely unnoticed. It is difficult to cook and read at the same time so the pea and ham soup has the flavour of..burnt peas. I am acting as if it is meant to taste "smokey camp fire like" and everyone is eating it so it can't be that bad!? Email your library immediately (or for non-cheapskates go and buy it.)I have had to promise myself not to buy any more books because I am NOT building the Great Wall of China all over again and I have a dreadful habit of hoarding.

A BIG thank you to Lishy for adding her site here. What actually happened was I had consumed too many wines to copy and paste in the template - so I told her to fooking do it for me. If you have a look at the time of the post - that speaks heaps. I had made a few attempts to paste it into the template and just kept messing it all up. Anyway - all fixed now!

I have a big story/disappointment/bitch to write but am unsure if it is suitable. I am pretty sure I always get what is suitable/unsuitable wrong so it probably will happen. Can always just delete it if I find it offends anyone?

Righto - taxi,laundress, very bad housekeeper, fishing buddy,helper of friends;animal sitter and cook I must be again! Till someone recommends me another book.

No comments: