Saturday, June 24, 2006

More Socceroo fun

Being ,.. well me... I had every intention of getting up at 4.30 am and watching the game with my son. I firmly believe in sharing our kids interests and I make many endeavours to be a good mummy. But it was cold and dark - and only two tvs in our house get SBS reception - and not the tv in our bedroom - so I faked interest in it from my bed. I did berate myself and tell myself to drag my sorry ass up. But sadly it didn't happen and instead William kept running in and waking me from my snoozes to tell me what was happening. His cheering was fantastic even without the slack mummy help!

At 10.30 am the school rang and said William is pale and claims to have a headache. I said... "He is just tired from watching the soccer match!" and went and got him. He didnt even make it to his room - he fell asleep on the sofa telling me he was not tired and that it was a genuine sickness and not from getting up early. There he stayed until after school time.

No comments: