Monday, May 07, 2007

A busy but wonderful week

There has been a lot of the usual - such as the football and cheering. The difference has been that Joy, Micci and Aaron have been here to help me hollar. I have made time to feed the ducks and have a BBQ lunch with dear friends!
Daughter number two (Anna) travelled with her best friend Madison to the Gold Coast to attend the Pink concert... Anna was so lucky this just fell in her lap. I already said - however our dear friend Joy and her daughter Micaela chose to give the tickets to Anna and stay an extra week up here catching up with friends and family. Anna was then lucky again because her best friends parents were willing to take the girls to see the concert.
This picture was the girls morning view of the coast...
And Anna found this shop most amusing... and took a picture of Madison in front of it. Although both girls were curious - and took the photos to prove it... NEITHER HAD THE COURAGE TO ENTER THE SHOP! You just have to love 16 year old girls. They are so funny!
And they LOVED the show and were so excited afterwards that neither Joy or I could understand either girl on the telephone....
We have spent hours and days at Awoonga dam playing on the new ski tube and in the water.


That is Aaron and MOTH about to set off....
And the kookaburra's joined our BBQ's of course. (Click on the photo to see the picture better)
And we threw them sausages - and they "killed" them by bashing them on the tree first before consuming.

The wet walk back up the hill after playing on the water - and friends united again.
And Anna off to cheerleading whilst the adults played at home.

It has been a thoroughly enjoyable but busy week!

5 comments:

SzélsőFa said...

wonderful photos, Melly!
I like the first one of the birds especially.
And the Condom Kingdom? Hilarious.

Cazzie!!! said...

Excellent pics, excellent post, I wish I had gone to see Pink, I heart her sooo. But, I had to work when she was here..oh well, I got her CD I guess :)

Melissa said...

Condom Kingdom? My friends and I may have entered the shop, but we'd have been giggling hysterically the whole time. Amazing what a few years can do for your bravado.

Great kookaburra photos - I didn't realize their heads were so big in proportion to their bodies!

GaBrie||A said...

sniff sniff - bit I wasn't there!!! Hey, how come no proper pics of you and Joy? Then I could have superimposed a pic of myself into it and pretended? Ahhh I know you had a fab-tabulous time and was in dire need of the purge, the sharing and the total over-indulgence with a proper friend. Cheers and always hugssss
just me

little things said...

Shoot, I'd love to hear what was in Condom Kingdom, I mean sizes and shapes and so on.
And dang, those birds have some big heads!