Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Gladstone's pride and joy tonight

I don't have to write a post on Kimberley Busteed's success. My friend Joy has already done it. She has linked galore and made it quite wonderful - echoing everyones sentiments - how wonderful for a young girl from Gladstone to make it all that way to Mexico and do all that exciting stuff.

I wrote about it here... and I have certainly heard the excitement of the younger teenage girls in our small city since then.

You don't always need first prize to be a winner.

For the record... my feelings on Miss USA falling over... just sadness and horror for her. Probably because its usually me that does things like that - not at something so big ok - but none-the-less.. whenever I have wanted to make a good impression I usually fook up. Tuck my skirt into my knickers. Forget my knickers. Try to out drink someone and end up falling over. Into the punch or cake. Insult someone accidently. That kind of comedy holds nothing for me. I feel guilty laughing at someone elses demise. I guess mostly because I am usually the fool that fook up. And it gets somewhat tiresome to always be the brunt of everyones jokes. So I feel for that person.

6 comments:

Just Me said...

ok, so I'm positively evil.

Maybe it was the way the media portrayed her, but she seemed so full of herself.

We all know how much I love & trust the media.. so maybe I have been terribly unfair.

Still, I don't think I was alone in giggling at it.

I'm an evil woman, what can I say?

SzélsőFa said...

what was the event?

Cazzie!!! said...

I once went out to a posh restaurant with my dad, I went to the loo, I cam eout, I had toiulet tissue tucked into and out of my lovely skirt...OMG!!!

Melly` said...

J - you are my kind of evil woman!

SzélsőFa - it was the Miss Universe 2007 pagent in Mexico - a friend of mine's family friend and local girl an entrant....

Cazzie - I do stuff like that repeatedly. It never ends.

Melissa said...

I feel for her too, but hopefully she's gotten around to the second part of it: Eh. Big deal, I fell.

Just Me said...

Damn, - Quote

"It has always been a mystery to me how men can feel themselves honoured by the humiliation of their fellow beings."
Mohandas Gandhi

Thanks for that Gandhi - I guess I deserved it.

For sure Lish ! August it is !