Monday, May 21, 2007

More from Saturday

After MOTH took me to the harbour for our tour in the boat, he took my friend Joy up river to explore and I took home the four very muddy children and one dog for cleaning and to get ready for Sunday at Awoonga Dam. Joy took many photos (I no longer have a camera and Anna's camera has to be sent back under warranty for a fault.) We call this hill Mount Larcom - but I think technically it is not a mountain. Australia does that a lot. It is a pleasant climb (if you go without the males in my family) with fantastic views that takes 4-5 hours up and down. Don't go with the males of my family. They think if the recommended climb is 4-5 hours therefore they should try to at least half that time... and make it the most miserable 2 and a half hours of your life.
Joy too took delight in the tenacity of the trees on the banks of the Calliope River.

And the sea eagle posed briefly for them. Remember you can click on the photos to view them larger.

BUT - while they toured the river an accident occurred and the propeller on the boat was damaged. MOTH isn't very happy - but he tried his best at a brave face and fronted up for Sundays play anyway.

1 comment:

SzélsőFa said...

I enjoyed the photos and what you said about male climbers. They really act that way, that's horrible.