Monday, May 15, 2006

Banning Big Brother 2006

Insipid, boring, vain, NASTY and plain stupid people were the cast requirementsof this years Australian Big Brother. I confess - in the past I have LOVED BB. I have even half filled a shopping trolley at Bi-Lo and then realised it was 5 minutes to 7 and I couldn't miss the antics of Sarah-Marie and ... yes.. I ran out on it and drove home without ANY shopping. (Daughter No 2 is working at a supermarket and I KNOW she will rouse on me for my terrible deed)

There is none of the ... likeable characters that keep you watching. The Reggie's, Chrissie's, Sarah-Marie's, Tim's, Trevor's, Frisey's(?sp)- I am gunna regret missing ones I forgot that I liked. These were people you watched and thought - you would be perfect as a friend of mine? Hell with Reggie and Chrissie I was in a terrible dilemma... I couldnt possibly chose between them?

I ended up reading Tim's blog and telling Christian to change the channel. I cooked the dogs some sausages. I watched some lovely bloke who came from a family of ten kids and his mum a sole parent on ABC talk about surviving poverty in Australia.

Tim's blog attracts the most horrid argumentative people. If your really bored read it... and it is ok.. dont call the men in white jackets I only skimmed it for the really funny abusive comments.

I particularly liked "Go impersonate a pothole moron" and "nippleperiodarsemunchtamponbrain" or ok you gotta love this one "We are both still waiting for you to get that brain bypass corrected."

Good stuff hey? (This is all in the comments section - read the one on Anzac Day - I couldnt possibly post THEM)

Here is William and Dotti. Isn't that a lovely picture? Note her lovely love heart nose?




The dogs love to run up to QAL lookout hill.




Look at all that happiness. Yes we drive - they run. You try walk these bugga's. The DONT CARE about the choker chain.

Anna started her work experience today for school at the physiotherapy and fitness centre in town. I woke her at about 6.40am to get ready and crawled back into bed. Seconds later she was screaming "Compton-ass-terry is dead". That is what she named the fish she bought last week that was swimming upside down in the Pet Store! I did point out it wasnt going to live. My little drama queen gave grief worthy of a lifetime friend.Compton-ass-terry was mourned with great tragedy. When I said.. "just flush it" her tirade meant I had to hold the pillows over my head.

Twitch survives Compton-ass-terry. Apparantly good mother's would of got up and helped with the flushing. So much to learn as a mother. I took Anna some spaghetti bol at lunch time and we drove to the Marina to eat it. She described her day to me. The dolphins were not about - but the seagulls amused us. She really seems to be keen on this stuff with sport and training and injuries. And that is lovely.

Once again the happy Mummy. Why happy? Because she does always give so much of herself to doing the right thing - she loves her job (albiet the money, she participates ENOUGH at school - gets good marks - pisses off the occasional teacher... can always make me understand her... always. When she hurts because someone or something lets her down.. I hurt. I can know she is wrong but I will still stand up for her? She could probably commit crimes and I would understand - the best thing is she wouldnt. She is damn funny. She is caring and compassionate. But she won't suffer no shit. Not even mine.

I have a few girlfriends who have equally beautiful kids. Sadly their girls are tall.. and my Anna... isnt. Anna is just louder than the tall beauties. But to love their optimism and their dreams (or the dreams I hold for them?) and their... enthusiasm........... and golly gosh pure gorgeousness? (I suffer from terrible gushiness sometimes) Anna has to use her brains. And I have no doubt she will!

I wanted to blog about a mother's day treat last night but I will ask permission from the friend first. But it is just magic stuff seeing our kids do.. extra ordinary stuff.

2 comments:

Boysenberry said...

Gees, ban BB and what would people talk about the next day? Then again, I don't watch it, so no big loss. :)

Good reading blog, and I look forward to more entries.

Anonymous said...

Ahhh yes the bragging rights of us proud mothers. Don't worry my lovely Red Headed Godess - my tow head is a mere 5'2" and would weigh only 100 lbs. She is mighty with wit, spirit and pen, much like you. Be well Anna :-)and hugs to my Sweet William. lol and Christian and you Melly stay away from my bedroom or no more wiggles!

luv to all - Gabby