Saturday, May 06, 2006

Rightio- it is very easy to post two pictures on instead of just one. Nevermind. It should be ages before anyone reads this. I tried reading the edit thing but I spilt my wine and had to get another one and it hardly seemed worth it when I got back here!

I thought tomorrow was Mother's Day. Apparently it is not. Silly me! I imagine Christian's mother and mine are somewhat confused at the thrown in the packet at 5 minutes before closing time Wednesday - I had every intention of driving uptown and chosing more suitable gifts than just the nicest looking chocolates at the supermarket. I have a vague.. niggly feeling that neither women even like chocolate (or is that because I dont like chocolate?)

Bernie and Tara accompanied us to Awoonga dam... wherein the poor buggas where instantly bored senseless. I AM easily amused if you give me beauty and give me a few people I love I am perfectly content. And there is simply something about water that makes me unable to be bored. I will confess I was shocked by Bernie's new found ability at profanity - even though I admit I find reading profanity funny nowdays too. It just seemed so out of character with who I think he is. Is it just the getting older? Why am I so intolerant of constant swearing?

It makes no sense because when my aunt says the c*nt word... I think it is funny. Another member of the family swears and it amuses me too? If someone uses the word constantly I find it... tedious? Christian works in an environment where there is a lot of swearing. Rarely but sometimes he comes home swearing like a trooper... and the kids and I almost hide from him. We dont know who he is. If I swear Christian acts like the sky is falling... even when I have just managed to drop hot fat on my foot trying too cook him the perfect tempura? I dont like Anna saying "freaking" because I know she really means another word.

Of course, my father too me was the most important opinion in the entire universe. He used to tell me.... the use of profanity simply displayed a lack of the ability to use the english language. I would retort just like Anna... "oh fook off".

But there are incredible exceptions to excessiveness. And I can digress when I am .. feeling my way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ha! TADA!!! a comment from moi! Ok - but here's the thing - i had to go to your previous blog and click on the link. So how are you going to make this blog site a permanet link? or did i miss something?