Friday, May 12, 2006

The Divinci Code

Ok - this was good to read. I am not the only person who found this book rubbish. I only picked it up because one of my dearest friends was positively RAVING about how wonderful it was bagging catholism etc.... and it facsinated me that a protestant raised English origin but Australian raised woman could give a flying shit about that stuff. So I borrowed it from another friend. My friend who was excited about it has a heart of gold really - she just seems to get .. sidetracked? She seemed to think it was a brilliant intellectual book that somehow confounded (nope that was my perception of her - not the word I am looking for at all) - for Her it elucidated all her beliefs that the Catholic church is evil.

(Dont go there - I think most religion is BOTH evil and good. Far be it for me to ever condemn ANYTHING that someone can use to prop up their existence - and yes I am guilty of snickering at it all... but would hope never with any viciousness)

I couldnt read the damn thing because it was BORING and the pace was too slow and .... it was about the same time I discovered some blogs I found way more amusing to read, started attending art group and when the freind I borrowed it from asked when she could have it back I decided finishing it wasnt a priority. And only a week ago I asked my girlfriend who was so excited about the book in the first place how she found it. She said... she hadnt finished it yet. We are talking MONTHS.

Will we go see or hire the movie? That is the question! Can Tom Hanks make it not dull and slow moving?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I read it too, but fail to understand why people are making so much fuss about a NOVEL. There has to be a plot and a bad guy in there somewhere, doesn't there? It's a passable thriller, but not bothering with the film, here; they always seem to leave out the bits that explain the plot.