Sunday, May 14, 2006

Mother's Day


William and Christian went fishing again at sparrowfart - and William caught me this beauty on his brand new rod and reel in the Calliope River. That is a suitable Mother's Day feast! Christian had to make do with one legal sized whiting - and was duly teased by William for the rest of the fishing expedition.

Due to the flu and the urgency of not sniffling and hacking at the new job - I remained home and stared at started the housework.


The trusty old EF Ford Falcon had a milestone itself this week. This morning it has driven to Tannum Sands to catch the yabbies for bait (I forgot to get a picture of them) and back - and then towed the boat to the ramp for the boys expedition of the Calliope River. Christian is most impressed with both the Ford and the boat - and I could tell as I told him how I had accomplished minor achievements with HTML on this thing - that HE TOO IGNORES ME when I talk about things that bore him.

Sara has texted messaged me - she sent us all presents last week in a big post box. Sara and Anna are both working for Mother's day.


William played soccer yesterday and soon afterwards Christian and he went looking for yabbies to no avail. That is where Christian got the wonderful idea to go to Tannum Sands at 3 am to get them. I still can't believe he will wake me to ask if I want to come to such things! He took Rocky with him - and at almost all the local boat ramps are the crocodile sighting warnings. Wonder's if there could be a hidden meaning in this? Anyway, Christian TAPED a torch to his hat in order to accomplish his mission.

At the boat ramp the DPI inspector inspected the boat for undersize catches and illegal crabbing - and Christian said he told him the name of the fish - that Christian promptly forgot. A few years ago J and kids, B & S (great friends) and our clan went fishing at night time under the powerhouse bridge and there S caught the same kind of fish in the bait cast net. We took it home, looked on the internet to try identify it - got nowhere so we just ate it - and it was quite nice - has brown meat at the top that I wont eat just cause of the colour. But - I am still in the dark as to what it's called.

Anyway - I think it should be cooked now. Cheerio!

No comments: