Wednesday, May 10, 2006

I was meant to use today to catch up on housework and find a little order in our routine.

Fat chance - this is after all MY life.

William went on "camp" today. He was most excited - however this "camp" is an overnighter in the nearby town of Tannum Sands. Last night when we examined the gear he needed - I saw the state of his only sneakers. They are more holes than sneakers. "Why didn't you tell me you needed new shoes?" The answer "I didn't know." Oh yeah, your so not going to notice what goes on your feet five days a week.

Jane used one of our sleeping bags for her school camp in first term - and forgot to bring it back from boarding school in the holidays. However I couldn't find ANY sleeping bags at all. I must of put them in a "safe" spot or lent them to someone. At worst I have stored them in a garbage bag and accidently sent them to the Op-shop. That would explain the bag of clothes for the op shop I did find. Blah. William was happy to just take his dooner. He is such a good kid like that - nothing phases him (ok the time I washed his backpack and the 500 pokemon cards did irrate him a little).

I worked yesterday so didnt have time to bake anything for the morning tea I had already committed to bake something for... so William and I had to pull into the shops before meeting the bus to find something that looked appropriate.

When we pulled in to meet the bus, I noticed another mum and a friend of William's and greeted them. I looked at this womans' son in his - oh-so-neatly-ironed clothes and then noticed William's shirt looked like it had lived on the bottom of a closet for a year or two. Then I remembered Anna telling William he looked feral and me yelling at Anna to leave her brother alone. Sigh. Sometimes the kids are right. Then I realised (once again) that mornings are so not me.

When I got home to the flu ridden Anna and told her about it... the smugness on her face said it all.

Anna Meg and I went for lunch at the all you can eat at Tank Street. None of us really ate much. The flu had Anna and I beat and Meg has hay fever. Also while I was chewing on the chilli chicken... I remembered the news story about chinese restaurants like this that wash the left over meat and chuck it in tomorrows meat and it kinda fitted with the chewyness. Then we went shopping for Anna's work experience wardrobe for next week where she is going to be learning at a physiotherapy centre. It takes me about 15 minutes to get bored shopping. So I had to just follow them around for an hour and a half.

I dropped in all the forms for the new job - tax file declaration, confidentiality agreement, internet and email policy acceptance (note to self dont give certain people my work email) and terms and conditions acceptance.

I had to go to two supermarkets just to get the ingredients for chicken soup. Of all my goals I was meant to achieve today - I dropped in the forms and I made bloody good chicken soup. I achieved NOTHING else. While we were out Dotti the wonderdog taught herself the art of stealing tissues from the tissue box. If there is a contest for it - she is a sure thing.

Sara sent a parcel with my Mother's Day present in it. She had somewhat closer timing than I did. Was nice to receive a present. And was nice she was thoughtful and could think of something I could use. I wasnt so... considerate last week myself when I wrongly thought it was Mothers' Day a week early.

I have the flu and maybe i should of read the warnings about the alcohol and the flu drugs. Well - I did but I decided they didnt apply to me.

No comments: