Thursday, May 18, 2006

Senator Julian McGauran is an asshole

The anti-abortion politician should be feeling really happy with his ratfacedasswipedickhead self. I reiterate Pavlov's Cat's concern for the mother, the family, the friends, the doctors, the nurses and yes the community.

The unnecessary stress on other people affected by dwarfism? How they - due to their love of the people they know - will feel compelled to defend this ghastly Senator's actions. Just all round unneccessary pain.

One woman's private and personal and most dreadful decision. (I have had four terminations for the record.. I would of been 27 with 8 kids without them - judge all you like contraceptive simply didn't work for me - and believe it or not I had trouble convincing doctors to put those little bands on my fallopian tubes)

I EVEN had the condescending "But your young and attractive and now single - what if you meet another man?" line.

It takes a really special kind of woman to be able to handle a child with a disability/deformity.

I always wanted a son. So - naturally I had three gorgeous girls first. My son has a very mild.... condition? Nah - let's be honest the damn thing is a deformity. Some things are too hard to pussy foot around.

William has hereditary multiple extoses. It is all a hell of a long story - and I will tell it one day. I am bored at retelling it because I have almost spent 12 years .. hashing (boring?) it with family and friends.

Digressing - as I said - this is condition that is very mild. He is simply lumpy and very small. It is a horrid condition because even the most casual GP you go to with - say he has the flu? Will suddenly call in his colleagues to view the tumours. I usually just avoid Doctors now. When William was five the Doctor's removed one tumour from his left wrist. I felt like it was all a bit of a freak show... so many curious onlooking Doctors. They removed it.. said at the post op - woops we accidently shortened his ulna. They asked me to consider an artificial implant to correct this. I was a bit.. beaten about emotionally? so I said I would go home and think. It took me a few months to think..and by that time the fooking tumour was back just as large as it ever was. Let's not even go to how it is now.

BUT - even with this MILD condition - I am so often forced to deal with situations I don't want to. The queries. And they are innocent - people don't know I don't feel like discussing it with them. The urge to snap "fuck off" is sometimes very hard to control. At soccer (and frankly William plays VERY well) and the spectators who are not aware I am his mother standing near them - and the comments... "What are they thinking letting that little fellow out there with all those big kids?" And I do feel a crushing guilt... am I doing the wrong thing - should I stop him from doing what he loves the MOST? Or should I turn around and say - well his use of the ball just flat assed your giant son/grandson/nephew etc? (It is ok - I dont I just try not to shake and keep telling myself it is all going to be fine)

Anna said even the physiotherapist she has observed for the past week - was intrigued and fascinated with William's condition. She told me at lunch that she really didnt know very much about it all because I won't normally discuss it in any sensible state. Anna seems to respect the man - and she isn't a bad judge of character usually - and she says he said to bring William to him if ever he suffers pain. William doesn't tell me about pain. He tell's me we are out of peanut butter and who scored the winning goal at lunch time.

It isn't easy being the parent of a child who is "perfect". It is damn hard work being the parent of a disabled person. I advocate the right of a disabled person to the same rights as us. I truly do. But I would never advocate that we can't DECIDE what to do if it (what that mother decided) happens to us.

Remember - William's condition is simply lumpiness, shortness and sometimes an impediment of movement. He doesnt fit your "disabled" category. In any way shape of form. I am simply trying to express how hard it is with something mild - when it is someone you love.

That mother would know herself. Some jumped up ass politician shouldn't be allowed to cause more pain for her. She has had enough. Hell her future perfect children are going to give her enough pain and suffering! And thank God/Dog for Doctor's who actually listen to their patients.

Can be a fooking cruel world sometimes.

That is why we feed ducks.

Amen? (Did I forget to say Senator Julian McGauran is a complete asshole?)

6 comments:

phil said...

Hi Melly, thanks for visiting VVB and welcome to blogworld. Sounds like you have a busy life, I do a nice line in understatement. Been a while since I've visited beautiful downtown Gladstone but I recall some reasonable cafes in Goodoon St. And cold beer at the Grand. Just out of interest, how did you get to venividiblogi?

Steph said...

I wish politicians would just butt out of issues like this. Unless they have faced the issue of abortion personally, they have no idea.

tigtog said...

But Steph, women can't be allowed to make such decisions according to their own reasoned analysis of their personal circumstances, now can they?

Anyone would think you think that women are people!

Melly` said...

arghhh... lol I had plagerised pages from phil's blog for my dad... in the nicest possible way I did it. Steph and tigtog just make me laugh.......READ THEIR BLOGS PEOPLE... forget knickers cause you will only wet em!

sadly I googled some more this afternoon/evening and am gunna have to continue waffling about abortion/anti abortion. Sorry.

spazzy said...

Abortion is such an individual and personal decision to make. It makes my blood boil red hot when a completely uninformed third party seems to think they know best. I don't know how these politicians can possibly make such across-the-board generalised statements in relation to the matter, when every situation is so different. Argh!

As for William, he sounds like a real trooper...if he's happy at soccer, then so be it. :)

Melly` said...

Thank you Angela.

And it is ok - we are all safe. I can't bring myself to feeling pissed off about anything today!