Saturday, May 27, 2006

Saturday waffles....

We did the usual at William's soccer. The boys lost 2/3 - however a valiant try and they were all wonderful as usual.

Some friends of mine bought me a new fishing rod! It is odd when you receive an act of kindness and generosity like that. I so shouldn't of whinged so badly the last time our rods were all stolen! I almost wanted to cry - but I certainly didn't want to hug. And I never know what to say other than "thank you, you shouldn't of". And of course they shouldn't have. But I am looking forward to using it. It is a long beach rod - so today I didn't take it.
We took the boat along the Calliope river today and mostly fished near the railway bridges and along the rocks. The tide was low - the birds lovely to watch - and I forgot I had to recharge the batteries again for my camera. Sigh - better luck tomorrow.
We caught stacks of tiddlers, all released of course - only one left with a piercing....and a flathead, one good sized bream and whiting. Mostly I just enjoyed the views.

I am charging the batteries tonight so tomorrow I can take lots of pictures.

Cheerio!

No comments: