Tuesday, May 09, 2006

What an emotional day!

Tasmania's miners finally emerge (albiet amongst all the political hype in that article? Do pollies really think us Aussies BELIEVE they could possibly relate to this stuff? Sigh) Anyway - I love Kochie and Mel's commitment to the story. Ok I just really like Kochie and Mel and even on mornings I dont bother to get up.. I usually watch them with one eye open. Blah I cant find the bit immediately were the miner gave Kochie his check in tag..and told Mel she owed him a hug... but here is the channel seven blurb without the good stuff.

Anyways I cried twice this morning at the tv and again when I got home from work at Channel 10's coverage. Those poor families. Fourteen days stuck 1km underground. And Richard Carltons death at the site? Todd Russell making the funeral of his lost colleague?

Mind you I cry at heaps of stuff.

Anyway - the very next time Christian suggests him doing the generic mine induction course.. I am gunna hit him really HARD. Maybe I do need handcuffs.

It was amazing at work to see the structural engineers distraction too. Every time you walk past their work stations they were on a news site listening or watching the news. I guess it had to run through their minds... THANK F*CK it wasnt a mine they had anything to do with?

One of the nice things about my new job is the amazing people who are environmental engineers or scientists...and how fresh faced and eager they seem? I am really hoping looks are deceiving.... Surely they too dont like to rise at sparrowfart and look at their laundry and feel a pit in their guts same as I do? Surely their perky smiles and pony tails where paid for? A few of them I KNOW their mum ironed their shirts. At least I really hope I know that. I tried to use the stupid iron thing this morning and it took two buttons off my shirt. I wore it anyways. I was so wild with the stupid thing it was wear the shirt or wear no shirt. I decided I do need the money so I wore the shirt. No one commented. Another lucky break.

Tomorrow I can blog I think. Or venture further into the laundry. Or NOT.

No comments: