Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Happy Birthday My sweet William

And - a flower he isn't. Dirt however would be appropriate!

Twelve years old today. M & KW and I celebrated with the kids with pizza, thai fish cakes, spring rolls and scotch. Well no - the kids had pepsi or some other ghastly thing.

I did the weak mother thing again. He said.."Can I stay home today?" I said... "No William this afternoon you have soccer training and you are not sick." He said "Anna got to stay home on her birthday."

Anna said... "For gods sake mum on your birthday at school everyone just PUNCHES you." I said... surely not. They both stared at me like I was a curious antique. For the life of me I cannot remember the arguement Anna gave me on her birthday. I really hope it was on similar lines. Once when I was a kid I decided the thing every kid needed was at least uniformity. (I had just read "A Long way from Verona" when I decided that.) At least at home - you should know what will happen next. Of course... the book was fiction. Nevermind.

Gunna be an interesting note I write tomorrow morning. Especially after 7 hours of playing the new soccer monopoly (for the life of me I do not remember Monopoly being such a noisy heated game?) and William finally retired to bed... and said.. "Mum can you write me a note too for not doing my homework because it was my birthday?" arghhhhh "You didn't tell me you had homework!"

Soccer training was cancelled due to wet weather. So all the kids arrived somewhat early.. and M helped me prepare the last of the food. That was amazingly pleasant. Eight children bouncing off the walls.. but still pleasant.

We did take photos and we did ... all of that. But I havent recharged any batteries in the house and ... it will have to wait. And yes the dogs were horrid to the smaller children. Dotti had to be chained up for pouncing on pizza already in small peoples mouths.

It is nice now they are all asleep. I am thinking of a darker more horrible time many years ago......... when this was never going to happen? I really think we have survived well.. considering. Happy Birthday to A tomorrow and Rocky on Thursday.... maybe we can have another party. We certainly have enough food left over.

Cheers to beautiful boys.

No comments: