Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Wednesday Waffle


Every day this week Anna and I have had lunch at the Marina with the seagulls so she can tell me her most profound observations and - oh ok I just love feeding birds HER lunch! Today's lunch from DJ's cafe was particularly dismal so the birds got quite a bit. It isn't that I expect a lot - it is just it pisses me off that I KNOW the same amount of money spent with my cooking would of been a hell of a lot tastier. Who ever started the stupid practice of putting grated carrot on burgers was a bloody idiot.

Oh - but mind you - if you ever are stuck in Gladstone and have to eat? The Green Pepper Cafe in Goondoon street - Trish (she also owns a great dane which of course makes her a very lovely person) makes the most devine wonderful lasagne THAT HAS GRATED CARROT IN IT! I remember the first time I had it ... I NEVER like anyone elses lasagne but my own - and opening the box and seeing the dreaded grated carrot. I was so disappointed - I was starving. I think she only cooks it on Fridays. But oh man... it is so so good. The serve is enough for two or three people... but in true "upsize this" style.... I always manage all of it. Sigh. Hey - two days till Friday! As you can see I cannot get a Great Dane myself until we move and have more room for sofas (nevermind the fact Christian would probably leave me) and it is actually ILLEGAL in this dog hating town to own more than two dogs.
Yes Humans sit on the floor sometimes. Alright most of the time. I bought bean bags once to stop that practice but the dogs chewed them up. Full on Christmas snow scene in the living room when I returned home from work one day. That was over two years ago - and still when I empty the guts of the vacuum cleaner those little white balls are there. One of my many oh shit moments.

Now for something funny. Look at this. You just have to love part 2 question 4. (d)! And part 3 question 4! OH man! J found that last night as we scrolled threw the delicious blogs.... and this morning - what a coincidence! Rex Hunt had to confess to all his sins holding his wifes hand after years of critising every other wrongdoing man in Australia. Poor bugga... or stupid bugga? Actually I don't really care about Rex's sex life - felt for his wife ....No... was cross at his wife for her ability to ,,, be so nice about it? But like she said.. she had seen far greater sadness in her life. (There you go the size of a man's BOAT doesn't matter!?) Everyone is capeable of stupidity and cruelty. It is just the rest of the stupid bugga's don't get to make money out of it. Or probably even better - don't have to tell everyone like that. (having being both the cheater and the cheatee...... ok.. another time!) Anyway.. onya Rexy... I still think you are great fun to watch. Although the one time enough I was stupid enough to copy you with the fish kissing crap - it bit my lip hard.

I like the tv show "Thank God Your Here" on channel 7 Wednesday nights. I agree with my aunt that it would be a good fun party game.

I forgot all about William's soccer game after school today for his school. Last night at training for his club game his soccer boots sole with the tag thingies FELL OFF. And when he got home to KW, M and me and all the kids eating pizza and chicken nibblies and drinking.. very assorted wines (the adults not the kids!)... SOMEHOW I managed to forget all about it. We have an almost ritual. The kids go to soccer, us Mum's cook or buy food - and they come back here after the little kids training is finished...and the two older William and Billy walk home together at the end of their session. The club is very close to home and it is a ..the boys are 12 and 11 at 6.30pm they are trusted to walk home alone. Together. Only together. And my dogs are left on the verandah. And both boys have been instructed to yell loudly if anyone stange approaches them. I am only a slightly neurotic mother. Honestly.

I decided to do go to a management meeting and something else that probably would of involved sweating - and Anna was going to come with me.. and William was going to come shopping with us so we could fix his shoe problems........so when he got home and said.. "Mum we gotta go to soccer now!"... when I thought I had at least an hour to spare......... mad chaos reigned again.

It has only been 20 years of mad chaos so I can do this. I tell William get his shin pads, the soccer socks and his water bottle. I consider the girlfriend I said I would go to the meeting and sweating thing and realise she isn't contactable now. The priority is William's soccer boots. I yell to William we have to go buy soccer boots first. I find him in the front yard with bare feet playing in the dirt. Fooking fantastic. Once again he is going to be presenting his foot to a sales person covered in dirt.... I can TELL by his facial expression and body language he has NO IDEA why I am mad at him. None whatsoever.

We can leave out my embarrassment at the dirty feet at the sports store. All other mother's will understand that.We got the shoes. I am never going to that shop again. And the sales woman was lovely. It is just the shame.

I get William to soccer just in the nick of time. I still have to get Anna from her work experience and to the mall to get what she needs. And I still need dinner. And Anna can't make up her mind at the mall. And I can't make up my mind at the supermarket. And its getting dreadful close to the end of William's game I swore I would watch some of.

Yep - i missed it all.

And worse - William volunteered ME to wash the bloody shirts. He is standing there with his bag and this huge ass bag of dirty shirts! I said to Anna "Oh, he didnt!"

What was he thinking? I told him he was having steamed broccoli for dinner. Nothing else. Once again I didnt follow threw with my threat. I so should carry out my threats.

You probably get stoned to death for bad laundry management for soccer things. I don't know. I am not entirely sure we even OWN an iron. I do know EVIL CHIT happens in our laundry. Things can go in clean and come out not wearable. We don't have to mention socks. The tangled things I have put straight in the bin on a bad day.

Righto.. I am still kinda sane. See - I can stand up straight and... I haven't thrown anything. I remember tomorrow is Thursday. I can do Thursdays.

No comments: